Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Special Forces Medic trained in vet
Experience:  U.S. Army Special Forces Medic:(trained in veterinary medicine but not a veterinarian)

My dog wont stop panting and shaking, she has

My dog won''t stop panting and shaking, she has her tail tucked and ears back and isn''t acting her self.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 8 years ago.

Dear lnsey

I know the symptoms are scary to observe, but not life thretening.

We can not diagnosis this defnitively in this venue. for that, you will have to take your pet to the vet.

The cause of this could be completely benign or it may be an illness or condition that requires immediate attention, in order that your pet can have the best of care.

The things that come to mind are:

1. hormonal causes for which spaying may provide relief, or soem other medicinal treatment.
  2. allergies
  3. A calcium based deficiency (or calcium transport system issue)
  4. A disease process such as parasites. Heart worms for examle cause this type of behavior becaues the dog is not able to get enough oxygen from the blood, because the heart worms hear invaded the heart.
  5. Psychological issues: dog is afraid for some unkown reason.

Of these, the most urgent issue is the heart worms.

since I am not able to examine the pet in any way, let me show you a link to heart worms infectiosn so that you can make your own determination of the urgency to get your dog to the vet.