I am so very sorry about your dog. My sinncerest condolences for your loss
Sepsis is actually a form of poisoning. The bacteria from the colon gets into the bloodtream and makes the body toxic.
Six hours is not fast at all. The only way to save these patients is with aggressive antibiotic therapy and surgery to close the tear. Sometimes we also transfuse blood in these cases.
The dog would feel very weak, nauseated, dehydrated, etc.
Please let me know if you would like to discuss this further. I will be here.
Once again, I am so sorry for your loss.
I dont think he suffered at all.
Thanks for your accept.
Once again my sincerest condolences for your loss.