ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing

My dogs tongue and gums are pale she seems also

My dogs tongue and gums are pale she seems also lathargic what can we do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that your dog is having this issue. Lack of energy, pale tounge and gums can indiate several things. Anemia, parasites and ingestion of something they shouldn't have are just a few. I would suggest having her seen by your vet today as these situation can get worse quickly. Check inside and around your home to locate if she may have gotten into anything and also look on her body for signs of any bites (spider etc). You can put a bit of Nutri-Cal or syrup on her gums to help with blood sugar as well. I hope she's doing better soon and if you need any other information, let me know. -Robyn

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Your info was somewhat helpful but is sunday so it is hard to find any where to take her but the color seems to have returned so I'm assuming she got a hold of somthing she shouldn't have. Thanks
Expert:  ask_me replied 8 years ago.

No problem. Try to isolate what she got into. You can view a list of toxic substances that may be problematic here If the situation progresses, or your unclear as to if a certain product may be toxic, the SPCA has a list (along with a 24 hour help line) at the link above. Keep an eye on her general behavior, watch for signs of distress, and make note if she is urinating and have regular bowel movements. I hope she's better soon and if you have any other questions, just let me know. -Robyn