Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

My 13 year old husky mix dog is foaming at the mouth, ...

Customer Question

My 13 year old husky mix dog is foaming at the mouth, wanderining in and out of the house and is making low rumbling noises as well as "huffing." I''m concerned about her and don''t know how to help her- maybe to throw up something she ate out of the yard?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 9 years ago.
Is she vomiting?

Has she vomited at all?

Is she having difficulty breathing, from what you can tell?

THanks
Drew
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Drew,
She has vomited up some clear liquid that kind of gels on the floor- not just like water, hard to clean up. There is some foam involved with it but not much. She vomited around 11 p.m. last night and again quite a bit around 2:30 3:00 a.m. She also hopped in bed with me (not a rare thing) but then snuffled her way up the bed to "sleep" (or maybe just rest) on my head and pillows.
I have not fed her since this has started, but again, who knows what she may have gotten into in the yard... for most of today she's been belly down in the snow and reluctant to come into the house. I don't leave the dogs out when I leave the house so I had to drag her in when I went to church this morning. (My other dog is a Siberian Husky also 13 years old feeling "fine" for her.)
Soes not seem to be having any difficulty breathing, just veeeery slow moving and a bit unsteady on her legs and not willing to move from her spot in the snow.
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for the info...

I am concerned that shemay have some significant issues going on -- there could be an intestinal illness, or something heart/lung related... Her symptoms are rather vague, so I would have to recommend a visit to your veterinarian first thing in the morning, for a thorough physical examination, and, if your veterinarian feels it is necessary, some bloodwork and/or some x-rays. That's the only way we can really get a handle on what might be bothering your girl.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

-Drew