Dr. Marie
Dr. Marie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Compassionate licensed veterinarian with >20 years experience with cats, dogs and pocket pets
6877700

whats vaccine shots does my 7 week old pitbull puppy need

i need to know the name of the vaccine shots
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Marie replied 8 years ago.

Hi there and thanks for your question. At 7 weeks the shot that your dog should be getting is called a DA2PPV vaccine. This is a combination of distemper, adenovirus, parvo virus and parainfluenze. This vaccine will need to be repeated in 3-4 weeks and then again 3-4 weeks after that. With the last set of shots the dog will get a rabies vaccine as well.

With the 2nd and 3rd set of shots your vet will talk to you about some "optional" shots that may or may not be important depending on where you live including bordetella (kennel cough), leptospirosis, lyme disease and giardia.

I hope this information helps! If you have more concerns, just hit reply. Or, if my answer is sufficient, then please hit accept. Thanks!

Dr. Marie.