Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership
3569931

My boston terrier was limping, he was favoring his

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My boston terrier was limping, he was favoring his right hind leg. A breeder recommended that we give him a baby aspirin. He stopped limping. Yesterday, the dog cannot stand, he can''t seem to use his hind legs. We are really worried.
Expert:  Bully Breeder replied 9 years ago.
Hello this could be a case of an injured spine or a compressed disk or slipped disk. I would suggest having him seen by your vet as soon as you can. If he is not using both back legs than she should be seen. If he can use one back leg but has trouble getting around he may have popped his knee cap out of even tore his ACL. All of which should be addressed by your vet. I would suggest having your vet take a look at him so he can palpate the legs and the back to see if there are any abnormalities. He can even take an x-ray to rule out other issues as well. Hope this will help you but let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
We have an appointment with the Vet at 4:00PM. I am really worried so I decided to try your serive. An injury of this type would require surgery?
It really depends on where the injury is and to what area of the spine. Spinal surgeries can be tricky and expensive and very few doctors will even do them. Most of the time however a shot of a steroid will help bring down the inflammation and should help him get back on track. If it is a knee issue though then that would require surgery to get the knee stabilized so that it can heal and so that the problem will not reoccur again. The knees are the easy things to repair and the surgery is pretty common and most vets will do it with no problem. After the surgery the dogs are always back to normal with no relapses. Let me know if you need anything else.