Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

dog is pooping with jelly like substance

She just pooped alot and with alot of jelly like stuff??
Hi Magsy,

Is this the first time this happened?
Did she get any unusual treats today?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jane Lefler's Post: No she hasn't eaten any treats I have been out all day and she has been in her room with the other 2 that don't have this problem.

The jelly like substance is mucous and normally helps lubricate the intestines. It indicates inflammation in the intestines. Inflammation can be due to parasites like worms, protozoan infection such as giardia or coccidia, an unusual treat, ingestion of a non food item, or even an allergy or irritable bowel syndrome.

If this is the first time this happened, I wouldn't be too concerned. If it continues to occur or your dog has loose stools which continue, I would then have her checked by your vet for the cause.

I hope this information is helpful to you.