Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership

my old dogs whole body shakes when he breaths

No Comment Added
Category: Dog
Expert:  Bully Breeder replied 8 years ago.
Hello, the breathing heavy in that position could be due to increased fluid int he lungs or a possible enlarged heart or the fact that he is resting all of his weight on his chest and he just does not have the energy or strength that he used to to breath as easy as he could before. It is always hard to tell when to let go of a dear friend and and no one wants to have to make that call but sometimes it is in the best interest of our friend. I think you have a good plan in front of you by saying as soon as he is unable to go up and down the steps then that will be the end. It is good to set limits at this point as to how far you will go with things. Those that do not set limits have a harder time letting go and a lot of times the baby suffers while we try to make up our minds. I think ultimately you will know when enough is enough fro your baby. You know him better than anyone and when he is not himself or is struggling to be himself then that may be a good time to let him go as peacefully as possible. I hope this will help you but if you need anything else at all please be sure to let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I appreciate you answering my question. I am concerned that you are not a Vet and I thought that my question would be answered by one.

Will a Vet or anyone else answer my question now ??
Hello, I am sorry that a vet did not answer the question for you. There is one vet on line right now and I will try and see if they are able to answer the question for you. This site is made up of experts form all fields of study in their particular category. We all answer questions for clients who post int he timeliest manner possible so that you are satisfied. I will see if I can get the vet that is on line right now to help you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You are very nice and I hope I didn't insult you. Your answer sounds very logical.

I really appreciate you asking the Vet to review my question.