Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership
3569931

MY CAT IS SICK .......HE HAS A ORDER COMING FROM HIS MOUTH ...

Customer Question

MY CAT IS SICK .......HE HAS A ORDER COMING FROM HIS MOUTH AND HE HAS SOME SORTA PUSS LIKE STUFF COMING OUT LIKE DRULL LIKE HANGING FROM UNDERNEATH HIS CHIN, HE''S RAPIDLY LOSEING WEIGHT AND WALKS LIKE HE''S WEAK, AND PANTS LIKE HE HAS A HARD TIME BREATHING
Category: Dog
Expert:  Bully Breeder replied 9 years ago.

Hello, it sounds as though he has infected gums, an infected tooth, or possible polyp in the mouth or esophagus. He needs to be on antibiotics and a possible dental to remove the bads tooth and to try and clean the infection form around the teeth and gums. Your best bet is to have a vet evaluate him at this point so that he does not suffer. Cats can get very sick very quickly form not eating alone as their organs will go into shut down mode if they do not get enough protein and so forth with food. I think your cat should definitely see a vet as soon as possible to start treatment. If you are having trouble with finances you can check with a group called care credit as they can provide funds for treatments with very easy repayment options. Here is a link to their site. Let me know if you need anything else.

http://www.carecredit.com/

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Bully Breeder's Post: i just got your email an a family member saw the CAT an thinks he`s got rabbies,,,,,he`s drowling so bad with this greenish yellow stuff coming out his mouth and nose and he smells ,,,,,,,like he`s dieing,,,,,,,i feel like i should let the animal pound have him........
Hello again, I am not so sure that it is rabies unless your cat has never been vaccinated for it. There are other possible diseases that it could be like FIV or Leuk but I think Rabies may be a far shot. It sounds more like and infection that has gone way too far. If you take him to the animal shelter they will more than likely put him to sleep. That is your choice to do so but it may be even easier to have your vet take a quick look at him and see if he is able to be helped or if you should just put him down there at the vets office. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Bully Breeder's Post: I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE......I CALLED AN ANIMAL EMERGENCY HOSPITAL AND THEY CHARGED ME 72 DOOLARS TO LOOK AT SAM........AND IT WAS BAD NEWS.....I CRIED MY EYES OUT ,,,,,,TURN OUT THE STUFF THAT WAS COMING OUT HIS NOISE AND MOUTH AND THE SMELL WAS THE RESULT OF PUSS,,,,HIS ORGANS WERE FAILING, HIS KIDNEYS AND HIS LIVER AND HE WAS DEHIDRATED AND ANEMIC, HE SMELLED SO BAD LIKE HE WAS ROTTING IT WAS HIS ORGANS,,,,,,,,,IT WAS COMING OUT IN HIS FUR TOO.....I NEVER FELT SO HELPLESS IN MY LIFE, THAT I COULD DO NOTHING TO SAVE MY FAVORITE ANIMAL, I RAISED HIS FROM BIRTH, FROM THE TIME HE WAS BORN,,,I TOLD HIM I WAS SO SORRY FOR WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO HIM,,,,,AND THAT I WOULD MISS HIM,,,,,,SO THEY WERE GONNA PUT HIM TO SEE RIGHT WHEN I LEFTED,,,,,,THEY MADE ME THIS HEART SURAMIC KEEPSAKE WITH HIS NAME ON IT AND A PAW PRINT TO REMEMBER HIM BY.....THEY DOCTOR THINK HE HAD DRAKE ANTIFREEZE....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my name is XXXXX XXXXX had a Cat name Sam who had the same problem too ,, the vet said he had gottin into antifreeze i had to put him to sleep ,, he was dieing,, so as much as i hate to say this ur cat is dieing.. i am so sorry ...