NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

my dog ingested silly putty what should I do

No Comment Added
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
If he didn't get a lot it should pass through. Its non toxic so you don't have to worry about that.
If he just swallowed it within the last half hour or so you can get him to vomit it up and you can read here how to do that using fresh 3% hydrogen peroxide
If it was a huge amount of it then you might want vet help in getting it out of him.
Or you may want to feed him some high fiber food to help him pass it through if its been more than an hour since he ate it.
Oatmeal, plain canned pumpkin, bran flakes (no raisins), a couple of spoons of any of those added to his meal or as a treat may help bulk up his stool and keep it moist making it easier to passy the putty.
If it moves right along it should be out the other end in about 24 hours or so.
If he shows signs of vomiting, inability to pass stool, not eating, or tummy upset or pain see your vet for help.
Hope this helps you!