Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

what age can male bullmastiffs breed

No Comment Added
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 8 years ago.

I'm glad that you are taking the time to do some research before breeding.

Before breeding your dog you should get the dog health tested for any potential diseases prevalent in the breed. This helps ensure healthy puppies. Different breeds have different health problems associated with them. In many breeds Hip Dysplasia is a problem and is generally tested at 24 months. This helps to be sure you are not breeding a dog with a health problem that potentially could be passed down to the puppies.

Male dogs can breed as young as 6-7 months though it is recommended that you wait until they are mature in mind and body which at a minimum I would say is 18-24 months old. The AKC will not recognize a litter sired from a male that is under 7 months of age or over 12 years old unless special documentation is provided.

You may find this site helpful if you are considering breeding

I hope you find this information helpful.