NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

my dogs white fur is turning reddish brown where he is ...

my dogs white fur on his legs is turning reddish brown where he is licking. Do you know why?
This is a common symptom of allergies in dogs.
Paw licking is often a sign of allergies. You may see red staining to the fur in the licked areas.
The skin itches from allergies, the dog licks the feet and the fur turns red due to the bacteria/yeast growing on the damp fur leaving an iron oxide on it staining it red and often making the skin raw allowing other infections to set in.
You can read about allergies and dermatitis in dogs here
Dogs can develop allergies to foods, to inhaled items and contact allergens such as rug cleaners or chemicals including lawn chemicals.
You might want to see if some plain Benadryl helps with the itching. A usual dose is 1mg per pound of dog. Or you may want to consult with your vet and consider doing allergy testing.
Hope this helps you!