Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

My lab swallowed a ping pong ball last night , couldnt ...

My lab swallowed a ping pong ball last night , couldnt afford to take him to emergency vet he went poop last night and has peed this morning , Do you think he will be ok ?

Hi Minerva,

It is posible that the dog will pass it in the today or tomorrow.. If he does not you will see symptoms of a blockage. When a dog swallows something that size inducing vomititng can be dagerous as the ball could come up and they block the air way. Do you know what the symptoms are for a blockage?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No I do not know the symtoms of blockage
Okay, watch for a sudden lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea or off color/wrong consistance stool, and lethargy. IF you see this you will need to get her to a vet as an operation will be necessary.