Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Owner of a small animal clinic and an ear/skin clinic 35 years
1348006

hard lump appeared under my dogs eye. no discomfort. no

What could cause hard lump appeared under my dogs eye? no discomfort. no affects on behavior, eating, and slight clear weeping from corner of eye
You did not mention how old your dog is, but when I see a hard lump under the eye, I always want to rule out a tooth abscess. The roots of the upper cheek teeth (pre-molars) live in the bone right under the eye. When the dog gets an infection in the root of those teeth, the eyes can be affected. This is called a carnassial abscess. If this is one of these, eventually that swelling will rupture and pus will ooze out of it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to dr4pets's Post: The lump is hard and my dog, 10 yrs. old does not exhibit any signs of discomfort when I touch the lump, his teeth, or his gums. Can it be an abcess without my dog showing any signs of experiencing pain?
Yes it can be an abscess without the dog showing pain. In a 10 year old dog, it could also be a cyst or even some type of tumor. YOu need to let your vet look at this mass to see what it might be.