NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

Is there anything you can give a dog for pain

No Comment Added
Yes for pain the over the counter medication that can be used is aspirin as long as the pain is not due to surgery or an injury where bleeding could be an issue as aspirin impacts blood clotting.
You can read about aspirin use here
Another possibility depending on the problem is a cool compress on the area that hurts. That can reduce pain and inflammation too.
Advil is toxic to dogs and should not be used. I'd get him to vomit it up if he just had it in the last hour. You can read here how to do that
Do not give him more advil and if he appears ill I'd see a vet with him.
Hope this helps you!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How much asprin do I give him?
Please read the website given above for cautions in use and dose information including amounts and timing.