Dr. K
Dr. K, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years experience as Veterinarian

what does it mean when my dogs lips and gums are cold

No Comment Added
Not necessarily anything. Are his gums dry and sticky or wet and slimy? Are they a nice deep pink color? When you depress the gum tissue with your finger, it should blanch white and then the pink color should return in less than 2 s. Is this the case?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
his gums are wet and slimy but they are a very light color almost white. He did throw up this afternoon - i think because he got fed twice this am by mistake!! crazy christmas schedule!!
If his gums are almost white, this may be a medical emergency. This is NOT a normal color for the dog's gums, and he may be experiencing a severe blood loss internally. This can happen with splenic problems or severe gastric bleeding ulcers. The coldness that you are noticing is most likely due to poor perfusion from some type of circulatory crisis.
     I recommend that you talk your dog into an emergency clinic immediately for an evaluation.   Time is of the essence, so do not delay! I wish you and your dog good luck!
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.