Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.

why dose my dogs ear keep twitching and shes not eating

Customer Question

i think my dog might be pergnant but latley she has lost her appite and i thought it was because of this but she keeps twiching her ear as well?? do you know wat this could be???
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

If your dog tied with a male around days 10-14 of her heat cycle, she could very well be pregnant, but if she's not eating properly and seems to have lost her appetite, it may be due to a little morning sickness/nausea, or another reason, but it's not good for her health or that of her unborn puppies, that she's not eating. She needs to be evaluated by the vet, ASAP, to see if she is, indeed, pregnant, and find the cause of her inappetance, if it is NOT pregnancy related.

The twitching of her ear may be caused by external parasites, like fleas or mites, and you can check the inside of her ears for any blackish debris resembling coffee grounds; this would be an indication of ear mites.

I hope she'll be fine once she's evaluated and treated by the vet.