Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership

my dog has cut his eye what should i do

No Comment Added
Category: Dog
Expert:  Bully Breeder replied 8 years ago.
Hello, where is the cut, above below or actually on the eye ball itself? Is it bleeding or how large is the cut? When did this happen?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Bully Breeder's Post: It is on the eyeball itself above the color part of the eye and it touches a miniscule part of the color. It is not bleeding although his eye is a little runny. I believe it may have happened this mornig when he was out back in the yard but I dont know. We did not notice it until earlier this evening and I thought he had just scatched it.
Hello, this issues should be addressed by your vet as soon as possible as it will need to be examined and stained to try and see the extent of the damage. Medication will be prescribed and a treatment plan will be made. In the mean time keep the eye lubricated with saline solution (available at the drug store for contact wearers). Also if you have some antibiotic eye ointment that should be applied as well. There is really nothing else that you can do or apply to the eye itself until you see your vet and the damage or extent of damage can be evaluated. Just flush the eye with the saline and keep a close eye on it to make sure that the eye does not swell or become puffy or anything like that. If the eye ball itself starts to swell get him to a vet ASAP (ER vet if needed). A swollen eye ball is a medical emergency and time is of the essence so treatment must be fast. I hope your babies eye will be alright but if you need anything else be sure to let me know.