ask_me, Obedience, breeding, showing
Experience:  Well versed in all things canine! Knowledgeable in breeding, training and showing

my dog keeps shaking his head to flap his ears. he seems to ...

my dog keeps shaking his head to flap his ears. he seems to have something bothering his right ear. it seems to have started after we treated him with sergeants flea & tick squeeze last night. we gave him a bath to wash the product off. this has not helped.
Category: Dog
Expert:  ask_me replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that your dog is having this issue. There are several things that may have caused this. As you mentioned that you used the flea prodcut last night, it's likely that this may be the issue. You may want to rebathe him (again) to remove any residue. Additionally, consider bringing him into the vet as some allergic reactions can cause swelling in the ears. In many cases, an antihistimine and oral steroid is given. The other issue, is that he may have an infection that just happened to present at the same time. If this is the case, an antibiotic may be needed. You can also pick up a product called "Derma Pet" that is great for taking care of ears. I hope he's feeling better soon. -Robyn

Please click "ACCEPT" or if you need more information "REPLY"