Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership

My dog isnt feeling well I dont think. We

My dog isn't feeling well I don't think. We have a Shih-Tsu who is 1 1/2 years old. She is usually really hyper and sweet. Yesterday afternoon she was shaking and just laid around all day. Last night she seemed fine and this morning she seemed fine. Yesterday she wanted to go outside a lot, but she just walked around. I watched her close. Today and last night she was her hyper self. Then we fed her tonight and almost immediately she threw up. She was still hungry so we fed her again (since she vomited all of her food) and she ate it like normal. Not she is shivering and just lays around. After eating tongiht she played a little but she is also licking her lips a lot and making this strange kind of hick-up noise. She is still loving and lets us pick her up, etc. She did go outside after she ate and went to the bathroom (both poop and pee). No issues with that. Still eating and going to the bathroom like normal. Can you help? We don't have money for a vet:(

Hello, this sounds like she has an upset tummy. The lethargy and the vomiting along with the licking of the lips and possible drooling all indicate and upset tummy. You may want to try and feed her a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a day or so to give her tummy a rest. If she seems like she is gassy you can give her a gas x to try and cut down on some of the gas or even a tums to help with the indigestion. If this however does not help and or she gets worse she should see a vet as soon as possible to try and diagnose the problem at hand. I hope this will help you but if you need anything else please be sure to let me know.

Here is a link to information on Gas x and tums: