Dr. Marie
Dr. Marie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Compassionate licensed veterinarian with >20 years experience with cats, dogs and pocket pets

I have a 12.9 lb min pin shes just 2 years old I was ...

Customer Question

I have a 12.9 lb min pin shes just 2 years old I was wondering if its alright to give her canned peas. I supplement her with can string beans and shes wild about them I also give her carrots for treats can you give a small do such as mine to many carrots or to much caned green beans or to much canned mix vegtable as peas/carrots/corn.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Marie replied 8 years ago.

I don't see any reason at all to stop giving her peas, especially if she really likes them.

You want to make sure however, that the majority of her diet is a good quality dog food. If she is eating a significant amount of dog food I would think she could have as much peas, beans or carrots as she wants.

Dr. Marie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

good morning doc.

I have a min pin she will be 5 this october. over the past 7 to maybe 10 months she seems to be very sensetive on her back and bilateral front flank area. when to touch her back or go to scratcher or just even pet her you see her skin move and when you scratch her back she will do that thing as dogs will do with there back leg. I live in Az and I don't know if possible its dry skin or something else I see no rash and her stomach isn't bothered. just her back and flanks. I don't bath her real frequent the last time was about a month ago and I used oatmeal shampoo. wondering if im heading in the right direction thanks for your time