Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900
Dog

MY DOGS VOMIT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE STOOL. WHAT CAUSES ...

MY DOGS VOMIT LOOKS AND... Show More
MY DOGS VOMIT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE STOOL. WHAT CAUSES THAT AND SHOULD I TAKE HER TO AN EMERGENCY VET
Category: Dog
replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer

Is your dog having any problems having a bowel movement?
Has your dog had a bone, rawhide or eaten a non food item recently?
How old is your dog?
What breed is your dog?
Customer reply replied 9 years ago.
She had diahhea earlier today. No bone or rawhide. She is 8 yrs old and a terrier/chihuahua mix. She was in her kennel when she had diahhea. I was at work. I thought maybe she ate alot of it trying to clean herself off. Pretty messy!
Customer reply replied 9 years ago.

she is also shaking and her nose is quite dry. I think maybe she has a fever
Customer reply replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jane Lefler's Post: If I have gotten an answer, I did not see it. Please resend
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 9 years ago.
Customer

It sounds like your girl may have an intestinal obstruction or possibly pancreatitis. You can read about intestinal obstructions here:
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastric-stomach-foreign-body-in-dogs/page1.aspx

Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas. The pancreas is a gland that produces and releases enzymes into the digestive track that aid in the digestion of food. When these same enzymes are activated while they are still in the pancreas, inflammation occurs and the enzyme start "digesting" the pancreas itself.

Some common causes of pancreatitis are eating a lot of very fatty foods, obesity, steroid use and other diseases and conditions.

Symptoms of pancreatitis vary but include vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, weakness or collapse, dehydration, shock, fever, depression, and upper abdominal pain. A dog may indicate abdominal pain by acting restless, panting, crying or wincing when picked up, shaking, standing with an arched back, or lying with the front end down and the rear end elevated

You can read about it in detail here:
http://www.vetcentric.com/reference/encycEntry.cfm?ENTRY=23&COLLECTION=EncycIllness&MODE=full

I would have your dog seen as soon as possible. I hope you find this information helpful.