Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.

my dog is walking funny (mostly rear end) after her first ...

my dog is walking funny (mostly rear end) after her first heartworm treatment its been 3 1/2 weeks is that normal
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

How old is your dog?

Is she eating and drinking as usual?

Is she urinating and defecating normally?

Is she active, running, jumping with no problem?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
she is 9 years old and yes she is eating and drinking just fine and using bathroom fine, she is running around and barking at other dogs like she used to, it jsut suddlenly started however she is rubbing her bottom on the floor like she does when she has regular worms and she acts like it hard for her to sit down
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your additional information.

If she's rubbing her bottom on the floor, this can be a sign of regular (intestinal) worms, as you suspect, or she might have an anal gland problem. The anal glands are located on either side of the anus, under the skin and they can become full, and need to be emptied by the vet, or they can become impacted or infected.

I'm sorry, I forgot to ask if she was spayed; I'm assuming she is, but if she's not, she also may be having an uncomfortable feeling in her vulva or vagina, if she has an infection like vaginitis, which is causing itching. Pyometra, a serious uterine infection is also possible if she's not spayed, but she would most likely be acting more 'sick' than you describe.

Bring your girl to the vet tom'w, for evaluation and treatment and I hope she's feeling much better, soon!