Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership

What happens to a dog when they eat catnip My Cavalier ...

What happens to a dog when they eat catnip? My Cavalier puppy acts like she is drugged and is very warm.
Hello, the ingestion of cat nip by cats and dogs alike will make them seem somewhat drugged and euphoric. I would not be too worried about your baby right now as she is probably feeling the effects of the plant at this point. Make sure that she gets plenty to drink and just monitor her for any type of allergic reaction. Swelling in the face, difficulty breathing, hives, and welts are just a few signs of an allergic reaction. Make sure her gums stay nice and pink and she does not have a shortness of breath. If she does I would seek medical attention right away. I don't think you have nay thing to worry about at this point, but I just wanted to give you the signs of trouble in case she is allergic or sensitive to the plant. I hope this helps some but if you need anything else please be sure to let me know.