Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog ate a package a hard salami the other day and now he ...

My dog ate a package a hard salami the other day and now he is just laying around and won't eat but drinks what I want to know is if there is anything I can do to help him ?

This sounds like your baby has a very bad case of indigestion. I would offer some Pedialyte this evening to help with dehydration. You can give some Pepto Bismol at 1 tsp. per 5 lb. per 6 hrs. This should help with the stomach acid your baby may be feeling. If all is well tomorrow start a bland diet of skinless chicken breats boiled with white rice, low fat cottage cheese, and a TBS of plain yogurt. If the dog has any diarrhea, with blood or Vomiting, cannot pass stool you will want to see the ER Vet since the salami my have caused Pancreatitis or a Blockage. Joan jav917