Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977
Dog

How Do I Fix My Puppies Knuckling Over.

My breeder garunteed it would... Show More
My breeder garunteed it would be gone in a week recomending that I cut his puppy food and phase in adult food. My Chessie puppy is 10 weeks old and has been knuckling for two weeks with mild improvement. I recently took him to his Vet and they are reffering me to an orthapedic. Diet VS The Vet, is my current dilema. How long do I hold out before it damages my perfect dog? And what can I do other then returning the dog to the breeder?
Category: Dog
replied 9 years ago.

Hi Jam,

I am going to direct you to a site that helped another customer in a matter of weeks. It is based on diet, but this customer had great results. If this helps the dog please get back to me in a few weeks and let me know so I can continue to pass it along to other customers.

http://www.greatdanelady.com/Images/Black%20puppy%20c.jpg

http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/knuckling_over.htm

Customer reply replied 9 years ago.
I've been to the sight you recomend and am considering this as an option.However, I was looking for more of a professionla opinion rather then research I could find online. Do you have experience with these issues and how long should I rely on diet as a fix? I can feed him this diet till he dies but when do I give up on diet and go the other way?
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 9 years ago.
I would try the diet for a few weeks although I have not used it myself as I never encountered the problem, I am going on the basis of another customer that got back to me weeks after she started the diet and told me of the pups progress. I cannot tell you which way to go as much of this will depend on your personal life. If I were a vet I would send you to an orthepedic Dr. as that is what most vets know. I will be glad to reopen the question for another expert if you would like. I know how important our pets well being is and I want you to feel comfortable with the answer you recieve.
Customer reply replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your help. As you can Imagine im stuck between everyone looking out for their best intrests while I care only about the dogs. I want him to be the healthy dog I wanted rather then hurt. If I can fix it I would rather do that then return him to his breeder. Thank you for youre help. Ill try the Diet as planned and see if it can improve his condition prior to his appointment. Thanks
You are very welcome and I understand how you are feeling. I do hope this all works out for you. This dog is lucky to have found you.