NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

my dog just ate vasline is this toxic to him

I came downstairs to find my dog eating vaseline from a jar, I saw on the back that if swallowed contact a poison control center asap, will this hurt my 1 year old chocolate lab
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 9 years ago.
No it is not toxic but you may find he has some digestive upset and loose stools as he would if he ate a lot of any oily product.
If it was plain vaseline he should be fine. The person who invented vaseline ate some every day.
The cat hairball remedies Laxatone and Petromalt are flavored vaseline. So it isn't toxic - my guess is the manufacturer puts that label warning on everything.
If it had other things in it than petroleum jelly then that might be an issue.
You can see it's listed here as Petroleum jelly on non toxic things dogs frequently eat
Hope this helps you!