Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

How can I get my dog to keep her e-collar on

Customer Question

My dog keeps taking off her e-collar. We've tightened it up as much as we thought she could stand, affixed it to her collar, everything! How can I get the collar to stay on, or is there another option to keep her from licking her stitches?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 years ago.

If this is a Elizabethan collar (cone) you may want to try a bite not collar or the pro collar from PetCo. These are less cumbersome for the dog and they still have good peripheral vision.

If you have a long strap you can put that through the collar and wrap it around her like a harness under teh front legs and around the belly.

Here is more on the other collars.

bite not collar:

homemade bite not collars:

Pet Co pro collar