Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

my dog rolled in what smells like something dead! How can I ...

my dog rolled in what smells like something dead! How can I get rid of the smell? I 've already washed her 3 x's in different things. Can u help

Can you tell me what you have used on her?

What color is your dog?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I've washed her in dawn, regular dog shampoo & in Deoderized shampoo.
She is a light gray Pit Bull

Wonderful...I am glad she is not black for this works SUPER when they get sprayed by skunks and also when they roll in not so savory things. :)

• 1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
  • 1/4 cup Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon liquid soap (I have used Dawn original)

You may have to rinse him a few times for the smell to dissappear, but it does work. Mix it in a bucket and do so outside as the mixture does foam up. :) Good luck :)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you so much. I have been a dog owner for at least 15 years and never found anything to kill it . This one sleeps in my bed though--she thinks she's my child-- so I needed an immediate remedy. HA :)

You are so very welcome!!!!! I had 4 mastiffs get skunked last spring..and although I had to douse them 3 times with the worked like a charm. :) If this is something that she normally smells like (hoping I didn't misunderstand the question) she may have a yeast infection causing the odor. The best way to treat that..if this is an odor that is consistant for her is with bathing her in a benzoyle peroxide based shampoo. You can read more below:

Click here: Yeast Infection of the Skin

Click here: Benzoyl Peroxide Shampoos

Just wanted you to have all the information possible :)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
4 mastiffs !!! Wow that's a lot of stink!! NO i live in the country and she hunts . Definatly something dead. But thanks for the extra info. Never know when I'll come across that one. Got 4 more dogs--snausher to bassette hounds   Thanks again
Sure was and they all ran straight into the house. Hope all works out well with you and all your babies. :) If you found my answer helpful, please remember to click the accept button so I get credit for my answer. :) Have a great night :)