Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., shelter volunteer
Experience:  14+ years of shelter work/ vaccinations/ disease/ illness/ injury/ medical care

What happens if a dog drinks bleach

Don't know if my dogs accidentally ingested bleach when I found them rummaging through garbage next to a knocked over bleach bottle. No chemical burns to their mouths and no bleached hair around mouth. They seem normal, but I'm a worrier.
You would most likely see immediate signs if it was straight from the bottle such as the burns or immedaite vomiting if not sudden signs of possible convulsions so I am thinking if you have not seen any signs and it has been over 15 minutes with something as strong as bleach the smell most likely turned them away from it. Anti-freeze on concete is more commonly ingested as they cannot smell it as easy but since bleach has such a heavy smell they would most likely not ingest it but if they did you would see quick signs of chemical burn, nausea, vomiting, and also respiratory issues for sure. I understand your worry and you should closely monitor them but the signs of this type of ingestion would be quick to show.