Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts ASAP
This will only cause a problem if the mole ingested poison or had bacteria.
A dog will eat grass in an innate atempt to solve a digestive upset. However, it can make matters worse by causing blockage.
Heaving can be a symptom of pain, nausea, stress or fear. Feel all over your boy and see if anything hurts him.Check inside his mouth for any bad teeth. Make sure nothing is sticking in his pads.
He may be in pain, scared and/or be nauseated or have stress..I would pick up any dog food.Try a small amount of boiled chicken with all fat drained off, cottage cheese, or baby food with no onion, beef, turkey, etc
Go very slow so he does not throw it up.
Dogs get dehydrated and hypoglcemic very easily.
Add unflavored pedialyte to his water 50/50 to hydrate him and balance his electrolytes.
Put a drop of pancake syrup on his tongue to raise his blood sugar in case he is a bit hypoglycemic. Do not allow him to drink a lot at a time If he throws up water, he can lick ice
I there is any swelling he can have 2mg per lb or his weight of benedryl.
He may have instead any human OTC at www.wolfdancer.org/health scroll down for products and dosages. Keep him on that very light diet of boiled chicken or cottage cheese for 48 hours. Also give him one teaspoon a day of plain yogurt to keep "good" bacteria in his system.
.If he developes any adominal pain, bloating, constipation or cannot keep anything down he needs to be seen by a vet right away
Please let know if you still have questions and how your baby is doing, I will always be here for both of you.
I hope he feels better very soon.
Yes, as long as the mole had not ingested rodent poison she should be fine.
However, keep n eye on her for diarrhea because sometimes outdoor wildlife can have bad bacteria.
Bones can cause a blockage so you do need to keep eye on her.
I would feed her the light diet for 48 hours just to be on the safe side.
Please let me know how she is feeling.
Yes vomiting and or diarrhea mean the body is trying to rid itself of something it finds offensive like bad bacteria or a toxin.
did she eat the entire mole bones and all?
what age breed and weight is she?
She is a relatively small dog.The only thing I am concerned about is bones. Add a half a teaspoon of powdered metimicil to food she will definitely eat. It will make a cocoon around any sharp edges and protect her GI tract.
It can take up to 30 hours to pass it all so you will have to watch her for blood in her stool or constipation, bloating or anything abnormal like that
I will be here so just write if you get worried.
Just click back on this question and press relist or reply and I will always be here for you.
I hope your baby will be fine.