Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership

why would a dogs legs shake uncontrollably like tremors

5 days ago my 1.5 yr old labradoodle back legs began shaking and continues to shake like tremors.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Bully Breeder replied 9 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry that your baby is having trouble. His legs could be shaking due to a few things. They could be shaking due to a lack of vitamins or something in the diet or he could be having seizure that are triggered by something in the enviroment or in his brain. I would consider having him seen by your vet so that they can maybe do some bloodwork to try and determine if he is low in something in his body chemistry or if he is indeed having seizures. Either way they should be able to correct the issues with medication and or treatment at the vets office. The tremors can start out small and barely noticeable but sometimes they can move into something more serious with in a few days or even hours. it is bets to have him seen by a vet so a complete diagnostic test can be done on him to determine the true casue of the issues. Please be sure to let me know if I can do anything else for you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Bully Breeder's Post: He is actually at the vet's office now. They ran complete blood panel and everything turned out fine, calcium, thyroid, ticks, phospate, etc....Nothing like this has happened to him before. Just out of the blue, he got off the couch last Thurs and his legs began shaking and today both front and back legs are shaking. The vet wants me to take him to the Univ Wisconsin Vet school to be seen by a neuro doc but I really do not have the extra money now. We have wood floors and he can't walk correctly on them, his back legs give out. I did have my yard sprayed by a company on Thurs and they have faxed the vet the chemicals they used, however, it has been so arid and dry here, it could not have been anything that was wet in the yard. Have you heard about anything like this before?

Yes, I have heard of pets comming on contact with chemicals in the yard wet or not wet and have some down with neurological signs and tremors of sorts. The probelm is that the grass and so forth do not have to be wet in order for the pet to contrcat some of the chemicals. Your baby could have munched on some of th treated grass and gotten it into his system that way also. It is good news however that the bloodwork dsid not show any signs of abnormalities. I would consider though taking him to the specialist especially if you vet has recommended it. If finances are a concern you should try and contact Care Credit. They finance vet treatments and billd when you are not able to right off the bat. They issue you like a credit card and you pay it back like a credit card. I think seeing a specialist will be your best bet to get your baby back on his feet with a full recovery that has no lasting effects.Here is a link to Care credits web site. I would check them out as they may be able to help you finance hsi treatment.