How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joan Your Own Question
Joan, Vet Tech
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 17299
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Joan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate the fly trap stuff that is not poisonous ...

Resolved Question:

My dog ate the fly trap stuff that is not poisonous and no pesticides, but full of pheremones. He is having a skin reaction somewhat like hives. How can I help him, or is it off to the er?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 9 years ago.


Are you speaking about the bag for flies that all you do is add water?

Joan Jav917

Expert:  Joan replied 9 years ago.


You can try giving some Benedryl at a dosage of 1cc/1mg per pound of body weight every 8-12 hours. This should stop the allergic reation that your baby is experiencing. You can also give a bath with some regular blue Dawn Dish Soap to remove any residue on the body. Also try some toast to help absorb any of the liquid ingested. Joan Jav917

Joan and 2 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jav917's Post: Yes, that is correct. He broke out in hives and after a few minutes in asking for your help, I went to the er. They gave him a better dose of benedryl and he is ok now. Thank you for your response.

Related Dog Questions