Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

My dog ate the fly trap stuff that is not poisonous ...

My dog ate the fly trap stuff that is not poisonous and no pesticides, but full of pheremones. He is having a skin reaction somewhat like hives. How can I help him, or is it off to the er?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 9 years ago.

Are you speaking about the bag for flies that all you do is add water?

Joan Jav917

Expert:  Joan replied 9 years ago.

You can try giving some Benedryl at a dosage of 1cc/1mg per pound of body weight every 8-12 hours. This should stop the allergic reation that your baby is experiencing. You can also give a bath with some regular blue Dawn Dish Soap to remove any residue on the body. Also try some toast to help absorb any of the liquid ingested. Joan Jav917

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jav917's Post: Yes, that is correct. He broke out in hives and after a few minutes in asking for your help, I went to the er. They gave him a better dose of benedryl and he is ok now. Thank you for your response.