Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., shelter volunteer
Experience:  14+ years of shelter work/ vaccinations/ disease/ illness/ injury/ medical care
237255

is it okay for females to have sex with male dogs

Customer Question

my wife wants to have sex with our blk lab
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 9 years ago.
No this can be very dangerous due to the fact that dogs can carry bacteria in their saliva which can cause serious infection to your wife and also you have to keep in mind that in many states this can be looked at as animal cruelty and can cause fines and even the loss of your pet if anyone were to report this activity,let alone this is considered a felony act in some states. I feel you need to warn you wife of the risks of serious infection and the fact that this could also cause injury to her or the dog as well. She needs to be satisfied to have sexual intercourse with you only as if she were to become infected with a bacterial infection she could also pass this you if you have unprotected sexual intercourse with her as well. Please do not allow this to occur as it is not safe for her, you, and especially for your dog. There are many other ways to add excitement to your sexual activities with your wife without doing something like this so please do not allow her to perform something like this, I cannot stress enough how dangerous and wrong this type of activity.
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 9 years ago.
I did want to respond again as I am very concerned for your wife's safety having already performed some sexual activities with your dog and feel it is in her best interest to be seen for a pelvic examination, urine screen, and bloodwork to rule out any chance of infection that may already have began. Please do let her read these posts so she is aware of how serious the health issues can be if she should perform any type of activity like this again.