Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.

My dog is very congested, what can I give her to help ...

My dog is very congested, what can I give her to help her breath until I can get to the vet? We are currently camping and it's at least 3 hours to the next small town and 12 hours until we get home.
To aid in congestion, for now, until you can have her seen, you can use pediatric saline nose spray, like "Little Noses" if the congestion is nasal. You can also give her plain benadryl 1-2mgs per pound of body weight every 8 hours. You can also try using hot steam, being careful to not burn her to give her some relief. Please do have her seen as soon as possible though. :) Good luck and I hope she feels better very soon. :)