Cher
Cher, Dog Caregiver--Extensive Experience
Experience:  Extensive Experience Caring for Canines; Specializing in behavior and health concerns.
1470369

my dog is bleeding from her butt when she poops why

Customer Question

she has had the runns for two days and today she started bleeding too, when she poops? what is wrong?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Cher replied 9 years ago.

Loose stools and blood in the stool can be indicative of intestinal parasites, so your dog should have a stool sample analyzed by the vet to find the cause of her problem and then be given the appropriate medication. Try to have her seen tom'w, so she doesn't become dehydrated from the loose stools.

http://www.petplace.com/cats/hematochezia-blood-in-stool-in-dogs/page1.aspx

If your dog is not spayed, it's possible that she's come into heat and the blood is coming from her vagina, not her anus. But, in any case, she should be checked out and treated by the vet.

I hope all will be well.

Cher
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thank you im still worried but it sounds okay
Expert:  Cher replied 9 years ago.
You're very welcome and thank you for your accept!

I don't blame you for being worried, but if she's still eating, drinking and urinating, plus is active and alert, have this taken care of tom'w, and then after the diagnosis, you'll have more information and know she'll be getting the best treatment.

Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 9 years ago.
You're very welcome and thank you for your accept and most generous bonus!

Please let me know how she's doing after you see the vet, by clicking 'reply' on this information request. Thanks!

Cher