Gina
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
673497

my dogs balls are red on the outside why

The outter skin of my dog's balls are red why is that?
This can be caused by anything from him licking the area, an insect bite or allergy or serious testicular issues and infection. If they are not swollen and hot to the touch, you can wait until monday to see your vet with him. If they are, I would suggest you have him seen sooner. Try to deter him from cleaning the area by redirecting him to something else like a stuffed kong toy or bully stick. You can try giving him some plain benadryl to give him some relief 1-2mgs per pound of body weight every 8 hours to see if that will him some relief, but do have this checked out. Good luck and hope he feels better soon. :)