Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

My dog ate some Marijuana. What should I do

No Comment Added
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 9 years ago.
Hi Ugotum,

Marijuana can be toxic. It is likely he needs Vet care. Vets are used to seeing this and usually don't ask questions and are not required by law to report it. You can read more about this here:

THC is stored in the fat and thus the affects of it can last for days. You can burn some toast and see if you can get that down him to absorb some of the toxin. You may want to switch to pedialyte so his electrolytes stay in balance. Put a drop of pancake syrup on his tongue to keep his glucose levels up. Monitor his temperature. It should be between 101-102.5F. You want to keep him warm so if it starts dropping, cover him with a blanket. If need be, warm dry towels on the belly can help.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jane Lefler's Post: Will this kill my dog if i cant get to the vet?

It can indeed be toxic depending on size and amount ingested. I did give you things you can do to help keep him stable until you can get to a vet just in case you were unable to get there tonight. It would be best to have him seen though.