How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Diana Your Own Question
Diana, Groomer/ Breeder/ Animal Control
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 369
Experience:  Worked with dogs over 30 yrs/ Groomer/ Breeder/ Animal Control Officer/ Showing/ Hunt + Rescue
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Diana is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

cat: may have swallowed a small pice of tin foil, 1 cm by 1 cm flat

Customer Question

my cat may have swallowed a small pice of tin foil, 1 cm by 1 cm flat.
will this pass through her system or does she need a vet now
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Diana replied 9 years ago.


As a former Animal Control Field Officer and long time State Pet & Wildlife Rescue Agent I can tell you that I have seen dogs and cats eat allot of things. As long as your cat swallowed the foil and is not choking on it...she doesn't need to go to the Vet now. She should be able to pass it as the intestines will ball it up. I have seen this many times before, especially when pets like to eat Hershey's kisses with the wrappers still on.

If your kitty does not pass the foil in the net 24-48 hours...She should be seen by the Vet as it could cause a blockage or get lodged in the system. But as long as she isn't choking on it now...It should be able to wait.

Let me know if you need more information on this as I will be online all morning...

Related Dog Questions