Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

clear liquid is dripping from my dogs vagina at a slow but steady pace

I have a dalmation/pointer mix, 65 lbs. almost age 4, that seems to be leaking very small droplets of liquid like water from her vagina.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 9 years ago.

I think that the drops are dribbling urine from the urethra. Many people think this is coming from a dog's vulva. Dribbling can be a symptom of a urinary tract infection. Common symptoms of a urinary tract infection are frequent urination, dribbling urine, blood in the urine, squatting frequently to urinate, strong odor to the urine, inappropriate urination and straining to urinate as well as an increase in fluid intake.

A dog with a UTI does not always show all the symptoms and typically displays 2 or 3. I believe you need to have your Vet check your dog out so it can get medication for the problem if your dog is displaying 2 or more of the above symptoms..

Other causes for increased thirst and frequent urination include kidney failure, diabetes mellitus, a uterine infection (called pyometra), and liver disease to name a few. You can read about this here:

Incontinence may also be an issue. You can read about this here:

If you are positive this is coming from the vulva, then it may be vaginitis. You can read about this here.

I hope this information is helpful to you.