Bully Breeder
Bully Breeder, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  10 years breeding, 6 years in Veterinary medicine, Lifetime of Dog ownership

loss of appetite gurgling noise in stomach

bouts of loss of appetite..normal bowel movements,gurgling noises in stomach. when an episode comes on she is nonactive...after two days of cooked chicken & rice homemade she is ok for awhile...Dr had her on predisone, while on treatment she eats good, and seems ok..after treatment is over a few months her syptomes are back there a supplement I can give her, like an enzyme or would yogurt be helpful? 4 year old boxer female..

Hello, Probiotics are always a good idea for dogs and people. You can find then in either tablet form or powder form that you can sprinkle on the food. You may be looking at something like Irritable bowel syndrome or even a pancreas disorder. If the probiotics do not help then I would consider having some tests done to rule out those conditions. I am sending a link to some information on probiotics and where you can purchase them. If you need anything else be sure to let me know.