How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Breeder
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will eating just one raisin hurt my dog

Resolved Question:

My 11 pound maltese accidentally ate a small raisin.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center studies suggest that the lowest documented toxic grape or raisin dose is 0.32 to 0.65 oz/kg (0.15 to 0.32 oz/lb). This means a 20 pound dog can eat as little as 3.2 ounces and have signs of toxicity.

One raisin for a 11 Pound dog is not going to cause problems with his kidney. Though as with any ingestion you will want to watch out for signs of vomiting, diarrhea or lethargic behavior and if any are presenting have him examined by your vet.


Walter and 2 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you

Related Dog Questions