NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

My dog ate 4-5 tablets of the Airborne cold remedy. He ...

Customer Question

My dog ate 4-5 tablets of the Airborne cold remedy. He seems OK, according to my wife. Should we take him to the vet? Poison Control? Thanks!
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 9 years ago.
This contains Splenda as a sweetener (sucralose) and that is considered as generally tolerated by a dog.
The vitamins might be an issue with such a high dose of vitamin A etc. This site goes over vitamin toxicity in dogs
and this has more
If he just ate them within the last hour you can see if you can get him to vomit them up. 3% hydrogen peroxide can be used for this. You can read on this site how to use the peroxide to induce vomiting
Hope this helps you!