Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health

My Yorkie got shocked by an electric fence. She is having ...

My Yorkie got shocked by an electric fence. She is having difficulty with her hind area, unstaedy gait and other problems. What can I do to help in her recovery? Will she get better?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.

This is a very serious injury that needs to be evaluated by your vet. These types of injury's can cause many painfully and dilapidating issues for your girl as well as neurological problems.

Please call and find a vet open in your area now, if none are open consider a emergency vet or hospital for emergency treatment. In the meantime, keep her warm and keep fluids in her. Unflavored pedilayte will help.

I wish your girl the best, XXXXX XXXXX us know how she is doing.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Walter's Post: She received the shock several days ago and the vet (via phone)okayed perdizone. Katie was staying with a friend of mine in the country. I was informed about the vets responce and the Katie at that time could not walk. She came home last night and is walking yet very unsteady? Do you still suggest I take her to our vet?
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.

If you are sure the vet has OKed the treatment then you can continue the treatment until Monday but if she is still unsteady I would definitely get her examined. If finance's are not a issue I would advise getting her checked out today. I understand weekend vet visits can be expensive so if this is a issue follow the vets original orders and have her looked at on Monday for a full examination.