Walter
Walter, Breeder
Experience:  Breeder and pet health consultant. Have spent a number of years with dog rescue, training and health
997364

CAN YOU GIVE A PUPPY BLEACH TO CURE PARVO

MY PUPPY HAD PARVO, IGAVE HIM GARLIC OIL TABLET AND GATORADE AFTER 4DAYS HE BEGAN TO EAT AGAIN HE IS NOW 3YRS OLD NOW MY NIECES PUPPY HAS IT SOME ONE TOLD HE GIVE PUPPY LOW DOSES OF BLEACH I ADVISED IT WILL KILL PUPPY.I STILL THANK GOD FOR MY DOGS RECOVERYFROM PARVO
Category: Dog
Expert:  Walter replied 10 years ago.

More then likely your dog was not suffering from Parvo, and thus they lived. While very rarely a dog will survive without treatment it is not the norm and is very rare.

Bleach will kill the dog and will not cure the Parvo. The pup needs to be placed on antibiotics and a IV to pump fluid into him to prevent death from dehydration.

Please advise your friend to not use bleach and seek veterinarian care asap.

Walter

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Walter's Post: I AM SURE MY DOG HAD PARVO GALIC AND GATORADE WE CONSTANTLY GAVE HIM AROUND THE CLOCK , GARLIC IS A NATURAL ANTIBIOTIC, GATORADE FOR THE DEHAYDRATION.HE WAS SEEN AT VET THATS HOW I FOUND OUT IT WAS PARVO, MAYBE I HAVE A HOME SELF HELP REMEDY, THINK ABOUT IT
Expert:  Walter replied 10 years ago.

Stranger things have happened. the fact is most dogs do not survive with at home treatment. You may be on to something or you may have just gotten lucky. Either way it is dangerous to advise someone to do anything other then treat though a vet.

I understand the need to self treat when ever possible as vet bills can be astronomical, and I am just a working man myself. You got very lucky and if she refuses to seek veterinarian care then feel free to try your treatment.....it can't hurt but if the dog dies then she will have to accept the fact that because she denied the dog treatment he died......do you see where I am coming from?

I wish you both the best regardless. And if she is going to try this at home I would advise Unflavored pedilayte as a substitution to the Gatorade it replaces electrolytes quicker then Gatorade and is better for the dog. A bland diet of boiled chicken and rice will be easier to keep down as well. If the dog starts refusing liquids she will have to force them.

I am advising you to tell her to take him to the vet though. Keep in mind many vets will work out a payment plan as well.

Walter

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
WALTER YOU ARE GREAT, THANKS ALOT I WILL PAY NOW YOU HAVE ANSWERED MY QUESTION
Expert:  Walter replied 10 years ago.

Your very welcome, thank you and please do come back to Just Answer if you ever need anything.

To pay you will need to click on the accept button so I receive payment.

I wish you the best.

Walter