Dr. Debbie
Dr. Debbie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Full time practicing companion animal veterinarian.

My dog is tired all the time, gets a warm nose on and ...

My dog is tired all the time, gets a warm nose on and off all day and sometimes a runny nose, has not appetite...but now looks like he's hungary but nothing seems to interest him to eat..except ice cubes...he won't eat out of his bowls..we hand feed him water...throws up bile every once in a day 3 times, has an enlarged liver, his bile acid test came back jaundice appearing, or mouth sores, his breath smells like it usually does, we have had his lymph nodes tested in his neck because they were large. No cancer. What are your thoughts?!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Debbie replied 9 years ago.

A dog that doesn't want to eat is a sick dog. If he had a high bile acids test and an enlarged liver, that means he has a priXXXXX XXXXXver disease and his liver function is inadequate. This can definitely make a dog feel sick. Your next step needs to be a diagnosis of the KIND of liver problem to see if there is treatment. This is usually done with an ultrasound and a guided biopsy. I guess you have had a CBC and ruled out infection at this point.

I hope this helps. If it does, please click the accept button. Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Debbie

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Debbie's Post: That doesn't really help me. This part I already know. I was looking more for a DX.

Diagnosis is pretty tough without seeing an animal. To get a diagnosis of a liver problem, there's no way around it, you'll have to get a biopsy of the liver. It definitely sounds like it is liver or gal bladder in nature. You'll have to get more tests to diagnose. The list of hepatobiliary diseases are many. Biopsy will get you an answer.

Best of luck.

Dr. Debbie