If he's up and moving, not completely depressed, that's a good sign. If you have a rectal thermometer, you can take his temp. Normal range for dogs is 100F to 102.5F. Anything over 104 is high enough that I'd say seek a vet tonight. Anything 105 and over is an absolute emergency visit. If you can take his temp, and its slightly high, you can use rubbing alcohol on his pads (soaked washcloths placed on feet) to cool him, and make sure he's on a cool floor (no bedding/ blankets/carpet if you can avoid it).
Other than that, if all has stopped, you can see how he's doing in the morning. The blood in the diarrhea sounds as if it didn't start right away, so it's likely caused just from the irritation of having had diarrhea a few times today. If he continues to vomit and have diarrhea tonight, then I would not wait, as a little dog like this can get dehydrated fast, and the vet can at least perk him up with some fluids and start on some antibiotics.
He could have picked up a bacterial infection, an intestinal parasite, or eaten something which has upset his stomach.
If keeping him home for the night, make sure he has access to fresh water, but do not feed him tonight. If no vomiting by moring either, start with a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice, 1:1 ratio. If he vomits it up, he should seek vet care. Otherwise, keep him on this diet for 2-3 days until stools are forming, then slowly mix in his regular food.
Hope this makes sense. Please reply if I can help further.
-The hiding is due to his not feeling well.
I would avoid giving him anything orally right now, as he's likely to just vomit it up. You can leave a small amount of water in his kennel, but do not fill the bowl- too much at once may also make him regurgitate it. One night with small amounts of water at a time if he wants it) and not eating won't dehydrate him badly unless he continues to vomit and have diarrhea. 99.9 is a good temp, so don't worry on that end. That makes me feel better about him staying home for the nightr and seeing if he perks up by tomorrow.
Glad you have the pediacare pops- you may want to use that tomorrow if he has no appetite still but is starting to feel better activity wise.
I completely understand, I'm a nervous owner with my own pets, and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your other one.
Best of luck, I'm sure he'll be feeling better soon!
My pomerian , has had diarrhea since yesturday . This morning I woke up too diarrhea that was black on the floor and then had some mucuos looking diarrhea with blood in it. He is 4 years old. I have been gving him water and pedi pops. Can we give him pepto bismol?
A very upset mommy, This is my baby