NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics

My dog is shivering, lethargic, and wheezing. It just ...

My dog is shivering, lethargic, and wheezing. It just started. Cooould you tell me what it might be?
If she has been near any other dogs in the last week this might be an upper respiratory infection.
Your dog might have either kennel cough
or canine influenza
You can see if some Robitussin DM will help the dog breathe better and control any cough or sneezing or runny nose. Read here about cautions and dose info
But if she likes to chew on things she may have swallowed a non food item that is making her ill as it is hurting her, or won't pass through her digestive tract.
If your dog might have gotten into anything toxic, is getting dehydrated (see if a pinch of skin over the shoulder blade stays stuck in a tent form or flows back down normally when released), has gums or tongue that look white, blue, or yellow tinted where they are normally pink, has a slow color refill if you press on a pink area of gum or tongue, or is becoming lethargic and non responsive to you then I'd get the dog in to see an emergency vet. Otherwise you can keep her quiet and see your own vet when they open.
Only you can see her to decide if she needs a vet tonight or can wait to see your regular vet.
Hope this helps you!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. However, to be more specific. She does not seem to be in pain. She is not coughing. She is wheezing when she breathes and is listless, but no running nose. None of the above answers seem specific to what she seems to be feeling. She does not have the symptoms of dehydration. Thank you.
If she is having trouble breathing and wheezing this could be due to fluid build up on the lungs, a trachea issue or a possible infection.
You can read about trachea problems here
Do check her color as if she wheezing and not breathing well she isn't getting enough oxygen in.
She may need meds for bronchial dilation or to help her with fluid removal.
The listness attitude is a concern and you may want to see a vet with her.