Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

my cat is very tired all the time, he has not moved much in

Customer Question

my cat has been extremely exhausted the past two days,he has not moved much, he just lays where ever he lands for about 10-12 hrs, before he moves again, he will not eat/drink or use the bathroom, it seems he has physical body discomfort when he moves or is touched, it seems like he has no energy when he does move it is very slow &uncomfortable, it is very unlike him to be so lazy & unsocial, he is barely 2 yrs old
Category: Dog
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 9 years ago.

I know that you're not going to like my answer because I can't give you good advice on how to treat this at home.

You should be very worried. Any time that a cat won't eat for more than 48 hours, you are in serious trouble. Their liver can fail and then the cat can die. It is called hepatic lipidosis where the liver thinks it is being starved and starts "grabbing" fat cells...and actually ends up killing the liver.

I suggest that you see the vet first thing for a full exam and possibly bloodwork to find out what's going on.

If you can get her to eat something today, it's not as much of an emergency. You can try a little chopped boiled chicken or jarred baby food meat. You can also use plain pedialyte to rehydrate her.

But don't hesitate to give your vet a call if she doesn't start eating and improving soon.

Let me know if you still have questions.