Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

my dogs nose is bleeding from one nostril. Is there ...

my dogs nose is bleeding from one nostril. Is there something I can do to stop it and does this sound like a major problem?
HiCustomer

First thing is to keep yourself and your dog as calm as possible.

You can try and put an ice pack on the bridge of your dog’s nose to try and constrict the blood vessels and slow the bleeding. Be sure your dog can still breathe. Remember that cold can become uncomfortable quickly so limit the time you leave it against his nose.

You can read about nosebleeds in dogs here:
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_epistaxis__the_bloody_nose.html

Nosebleeds can be caused by a foreign object, nasal tumor, injury, liver problem, allergies and other things, so your Vet will need to see your dog to determine the cause. If your dog is bleeding from multiple places such as the anus, nose, penis, tear ducts, etc, it’s possible your dog may have ingested a poison or have a bleeding disorder and should be seen immediately by a vet.

I hope this information is helpful to you.